This light, ethereal cheesecake is perfect Passover fare. In addition to
cream cheese, this Italian version includes sour cream for tang and ricotta for lightness. The citrus zest is a must. Cake meal easily replaces the traditional wheat flour.
- 1 lb. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 lb. sour cream
- 1 lb. cream cheese (or mascarpone)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick sweet butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup cake meal, divided
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ T pure vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest from one orange and one lemon
- Have all filling ingredients at room temperature. Grease and coat with 2T cake meal the bottom and sides of a 9 X 3-inch springform pan.
- In a stand mixer beat together ricotta, sour cream and cream cheese until
- Beat in sugar and then melted butter and pinch of salt.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add 6 T cake meal, lemon juice, vanilla, and zest, beating until
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for one
- Turn off heat and let cake stay in oven, door closed, for another hour.
- Remove and let cake cool completely in pan, set on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate. Remove sides of pan before serving and serve slightly chilled.
In a small saucepan, mash and heat ½ pint of fresh raspberries with 6 oz. raspberry preserves and 1 T Grand Marnier, stirring until syrupy. Strain syrup and mix with ½ pint fresh raspberries. Serve with cheesecake.
Photo by sweetpaprika
Phyllis Kirigin is a resident of Croton-on-Hudson and is an avid cook and food blogger. She loves all things culinary, focusing on using fresh ingredients and promoting local farmers and artisans. She can be reached at [email protected]